Wednesday, November 4, 2009

options, options, options

So Troy received a call from his aunt last night. She told him about a guy she knows who has adopted previously. His wife is pregnant, so I assumed it was yet another one of those "oh as soon as you start to do this you'll get knocked up" stories, but it wasn't. They weren't supposed to be able to get pregnant, so they adopted 3 children through the state.

I had previously thought those types of adoptions were only available for older children or as a foster-to-adopt type program, but apparently I was wrong. I know, I was shocked by that too, lol!!! But needless to say, Troy started doing some research (I was at work at the time) and we've discovered there are programs that are nearly free through the state for newborn adoptions. Apparently they work with adoption agencies--local ones I think--and this could be a really viable option for two broke people who want to be parents! I may not get the baby from the hospital, but as long as it wasn't a foster-to-adopt situation, I would be interested. I'm just not strong enough to deal with that.

If this works, if it's possible, Troy and I could easily adopt the 3 children we've always wanted to have. I need to read some more, and once the new year starts and we get our home study, we would get in touch with DFCS. It might mean a longer wait, but in the end we'd still have what we wanted...a family.

No comments:

Post a Comment